Monday, December 12, 2011

Nothing At All

   "No! I can still feel your presence, Student." The Master was growing impatient with his student's lack of progression. "Visually, I know your hidden. But your Chi, Student, still screams in my ear!" The Student stepped out from his hiding space, frowning, "I'm sorry, Master. I know its a simple enough technique to learn, but I've been having trouble getting my head around the idea of being on the same Chi plane as trees, rocks, and even shadows! I'm not giving up, Master. Not at all. I just need to become more open minded."
   At this, the Master raised an eyebrow and thought a moment. "Open your mind? Are you looking for the answers to the universe's questions or simply trying to learn a little more about the world around you? When you open your mind, it becomes a door. Anything, my Student, can walk though a door." The Master walked away, leaving the Student with his words. The Student did nothing but sit where he once stood and thought on his Master's words.
   After a few moments, the Student rose from his seat and closed his eyes. His Master's words rang in his ears like a bell tower, being relentlessly made to toll again and again. But this didn't bother the student. He focused on the whispers. The whispers of the Universe. The Student drew in a breath and exhaled, feeling the Earth move beneath his feet. Faster and faster, ready to throw his into the great unknown. He drew in another breath and opened his eyes. He had not stepped a single foot, yet he wasn't where he once stood. The confused Student looked around and finally uttered the phase, "Where am I?"
   "You are where people like you come. The Mind of the Universe." The Student spun around, bewildered. When his eyes found the source of the voice, he was frozen with fear. Before him stood a being so tall, the Student dare not guess his height, as to not offend the great being. "You need not be afraid, young Student. You are in the company of a Guardian." The Student suddenly found his voice, jumping slightly at the sound of it, "A Guardian? The Guardian of what, if I may ask?" "The Guardian of the Universe." The Student fell back at this. He was in the Universe. At this, the Guardian chuckled, "Yes, you are in the Universe. Many have the chance to actually see this place, or even fathom its existence, in their lifetime. Now tell me, young Student. What brings you here?" The Guardian lowered and sat on the ground, as a sign of courtesy for his height challenged visitor. "I wanted to open my mind. Become more understanding of the world around me. It seems I've done a great deal more then that." As the Student stopped, he looked around, getting a feel for his surroundings.
   "Ah, I see. Your here to see The Man with Two Minds." The Guardian scratched his head, making him look like an oversized neanderthal. "The Man with Two Minds? I didn't know that was even possible." "Its not. But somehow, he pulled it off," said the Guardian. As the Student pondered how a single being could have two minds, he realized something. Quickly, he drew his blade and bounded up the torso of the Guardian. "Why did you call me 'Student'? Only my master calls me that and I've only known him my entire life. Tell me just who you are." At this, the Guardian chuckled, "Come now, don't be so hostile," he then picked up the Student by the back of his tunic and held him in the air as he spoke. "I am, young Student, a part of you." As the Guardian gave the Student a moment for this to sink in, he leaned against a mountain, "Sorry. I have a sore back."
   The Student accepted the fact that this Guardian was a part of him, asking to be put down. Once on the ground, the Student began to stare at the hulking giant before him. "If your a part of me... Then this whole place isn't the Mind of the Universe. Its my own find." The Guardian raised an eyebrow and leaned forward, speaking very seriously, "Whats to say that the Universe isn't in the mind of every living being? That everyone is connected? There are multiple answers, but the true one is only known by one of The Eight." "The Eight?" "Yes. The Eight are an order celestial beings who made the Universe. They can surely answer any questions you have."
   With the echo of the Guardian's words fading, the Student walked past and began his journey, only looking back once to find the Guardian had changed. He now looked like the Student and was smiling. "Go now, Student. And begin your journey." A strong wind blew from the mouth of the Guardian and the Student rode it, beginning his quest for answers.

No comments:

Post a Comment