Sunday, December 11, 2011

And from the ashes!

   Sorry for the lack in posts, reader. I've been rather busy with other worldly affairs, but still, I apologize. So, I must ask. Did you miss me? I'm joking, but its always nice to know that a writer is missed by his readers. Imagine how Shakespeare would have felt if he disappeared for a month and people didn't even notice. And he was a smart cookie. But, I digress. Onto our topic for today!
   As most of you know, it is the holiday season. Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, etc. Even though this year hasn't gone particularly well for me, I still feel all warm inside when I enter my home and find my Christmas tree up and lit up like Time Square. But, the focus of this post is, in fact, the many beliefs that come with the holiday season
   I, for one, feel that if a person wants to believe a certain belief, more power to him or her. But nothing ruins my holly jolly mood more than an arrogant pigheaded person who believes that what they believe is the one true truth. Why must people fight over words as stories that were passed down from ages ago? They are just stories. If a person chooses to believe in them, why should it bother you? To each his own, I say.
   My main point is that even if you have a strong belief in something, don't force it upon a fellow man. In fact, be thankful. Be thankful that your being shown a different approach and a glimpse into another person's culture. And with that, I close.

To all who read this, Have a merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, and a Happy Kwanzaa.

-Kristopher

No comments:

Post a Comment