Saturday, November 5, 2011

Adventures of the Vengeful Angel: Azbogah, the Angel of Judgment Part 2

   Once on Dion, Azbogah jumped to fly to The Rogue, to end it once and for all, only to fall flat on his face. When he wiped the dirt from his eyes, he noticed that his angel wings were gone. “What is this nonsense?!” “When you left the heavens, you left all of your physical angelic attributes behind as well” After mumbling about having to walk, Azbogah set out on his first day on Dion and the beginning of his adventure. It wasn’t before long that Azbogah noticed that he was in the middle of a large field, walking to who knows where and while walking in what Azbogah thought was east, he found a dirt road. Looking down the road both ways and seeing nothing, he gave a long sigh and went down the road. Slowly, the smell of fresh bread filled his nostrils and he followed it until he found what it was. “Oh, Great Lord, thank you!” As he went to take the fresh, warm bread, the owner of the farm, Nemamiah Sampson, aimed his bow at Azbogah. “Drop it. Now!” Slowly, he put down the bread, smiled, for he knew who’s voice that was, and turned to his assailant. 
   “Azbogah! What are you doing here?!” Nemamiah lowered his bow and embraced him. “Is there something wrong in the heavens? I mean, I know I’m not an angel anymore, but I can still care, can’t I?” “No one said you couldn’t, my dear friend” They both gave a hardy laugh and retired to Nemamiah’s small but cozy home. “Having a farm, you would think I’d have a bigger home, but alas, no one will buy from me. Not since that accident with that lady and the pig. Now what happened was tha-” Seeing that Azbogah really didn’t want to hear the rest of that ordeal, he changed the subject. “So, what is so important that the Great Lord would send his finest soldier down to Dion?” As Nemamiah said that, a very grave look feel upon the face of Azbogah. “I requested to come down to your world to rid Dion of The Rogue.” Quickly, Nemamiah jumped up and locked his door and windows. “Are you daft?! You mustn’t say such things! The Rogue has spies all over Dion. If he suspects anyone of opposing him, he’ll have them killed! I don’t want to risk my life, Azbogah!” Now, Nemamiah is not a very strong man, but a master of the bow. He could shot an arrow in the thickest of forests, having it whip through branches and leaves and hit his target right between the eyes. 
   After killing his son by accident while hunting for food, he has not fired an arrow since, but merely uses his bow as a threat. “I didn’t ask you to! I just need help and I was lucky enough to find you.” Azbogah hung his head in shame for not thinking out his plan completely through. “Well, since I used to be an angel and you’re an old friend, I’ll help you in any way I can!” And so, the Marksmen and the Angel Warrior joined forces to find and rid Dion of The Rogue.

No comments:

Post a Comment